Help for Hurting Couples
Because the deepest wounds occur in relationship with others, the deepest healing occurs in relationships as well.
Stressful situations in parenting or step-parenting, financial worries, transitions, illness, or a major situational change can challenge any relationship.
In couple’s therapy, I help couples understand what is happening between them in a troubled relationship and how their problems relate to old patterns. I help each individual identify and take responsibility for on their own part in the relationship problem, and work to identify each person’s needs and vulnerabilities
Goals in couple’s therapy
- Stop the behaviors that hurt your relationship
- Strengthen your ability to handle wounds and conflicts when they inevitably occur
- Communicate effectively
- Address specific conflict areas and create a solution
- Build intimacy and resilience in your relationship
- Heal the wounds through empathy and understanding
- Let go of old, negative stories about your partner and see them with new eyes
Couple’s therapy is relationship therapy
I also work with parent/child relationships, co-workers, divorced parents, and any relationship where there is a desire to for growth.